Sorry for the distinct lack of photos in this post. I wasn't going to blog about this recipe until after I'd made it, and thought it was just too good to share.
- One pumpkin
- 300g sugar (brown or caster)
- 4 eggs
- 1 can of evaporated milk
- 1 can of condensed milk
- 5 teaspoons of all spice
- pastry (homemade or readymade is fine)
1. Scrape out the insides of your pumpkin as you normally would do when starting your carving process. Make sure you carve/scrape as much as you can of the harder flesh so your pumpkin is almost completely hollow. (This will make carving a lot easier too!)
2. Separate the seeds from the flesh.
3. Cut into chunks any harder flesh, put in a bowl with the rest of the stringy goop and cover with cling film. Cook in the microwave for about 15 minutes until soft.
4. Blend the soft pumpkin until a lovely orange puree.
5. Roll out your pastry (homemade or ready made is fine) into a pie dish.
6. Now mix all your ingredients together in a blender. Don't worry if the result is like a runny soup. The pie will firm in the cooking process!
7. Pour into the pie dish and bake for 15 minutes at 210c, and then for 45 mins at 175c.
Leave the pie to cool a little and then serve with ice cream or cream..whichever you prefer! It's not a very heavy pie at all, and the aromatic spices of the all spice go perfectly with the sweetness of the pumpkin. Gorgeous. It's a super easy recipe and hopefully one you can put away for next year or even this year if you have spare pumpkins :)